- 12 november 2018 09:00 - 19:00
- Thon Hotel Opera
- Dronning Eufemias gate 4, 0191 Oslo
Empowerment - Independence - Participation
Cities involve a huge complexity of structures, functions, and actors. This conference highlights the advantages of universally designed smart cities, by showing how it can contribute to equality and independence, and increase community participation by individuals. We will highlight the value of universal design as a strategy, and present examples of accessible technology, and inclusive design thinking when planning and developing a smart city.
Our purpose is to bring together the market place, administrators, public service providers, researchers, designers, architects, planners, developers, users, and practitioners interested in the advances and applications in the field of Universal Design and Information and Communication Technologies.
- Deadline is October 21th 2018
- Conference entrance is free.
- The main conference language is English.
- Conference language for track 2 and 3 will be Norwegian and Sweedish.
- The conference will be live streamed.
Please read our accessibility statement.
Event moderator is Torgeir Waterhouse from IKT-Norge
09.00 – 11.30 Opening plenary
11.30 – 12.30 Lunch buffet
12.30 – 15.30 You can choose between one of three tracks:
- Track 1: Technology That Makes a Smart City Inclusive
- Track 2: Planning and Developing an Inclusive Smart City
- Track 3: Transportation in an Inclusive Smart City
15.30 – 17.00 Closing plenary
17.00 – 19.00 Networking reception
This webpage will be continuously updated with information about the conference.
For questions and inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org